Does your AV stack up?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Raffaz, May 24, 2007.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

True - Good point.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. SamSixty

SamSixty Bit Poster

If I ever have any doubts I upload the dubious file to kaspersky or do a full online scan, so far all is clean but because we are on the subject and its ben over 6 months, I am doing a scan now.

I don't look at it like driving without a seatbelt, more like running round the garden naked. you may get caught but even if you do, its is not all that serious, it is only my home network and it is backed up.

So I am interested to know, can you guys remember where your last virus was from and how you got it?

scan finished
    [​IMG]

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Viruses don't come out and introduce themselves... they sneak in and do their damage silently... sometimes, without you noticing a thing, while it whispers your credit card information across the Internet.

Fact: On average, an unprotected computer will get a virus after being connected to the Internet for as little as 20 minutes.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Woomera

Woomera Bit Poster

Well as far as i remember NOD was never in the top3 list of AV's(no offense nod fan's ;) ).
    the reason why NOD is so popular is because of its PROACTIVE protection that is most of the time in the first place or at least in second.in my time of experience ive tried so many av's to see which one is the best and the last 2 was KAV and NOD,sadly to say after one year of trying NOD i got infected with some virus's and so many of my data's got damaged.after that (~2 years ago) i tried KAV and i must proudly say that i never got even a single virus on my pc.
    Well anyway if anyone can efford it the best av around is AVK that i always love to have but too bad that i cant :(

Certifications: MCP 70-210 70-290
    WIP: MSCE 2003
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The last time i got a virus was recently but AVG picked it up.. i see computers every single day that are riddled with them though.. they are not a thing of the past.. you have been either very lucky or you use very safe surfing and checking email techniques - either way, i would recommend that you cover up.. you are likely to get sun burned - slap on some sun cream, wear a hat and a t-shirt :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)