Does anyone take anything to give them an extra blast of energy?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I lack energy and am tired if I dont get 10 hours sleep anything less and I struggle... it sucks as I get about 5-6 per night and I just can't survive of that most days, can anyone recomend something legal that can give me a blast of energy when I need it? I was thinking ProPlus but I'm looking for personal recomendations if possible.. I'm not a fan on sugar filled enrergy drinks, although that does seem to work for me.

2. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

Sounds like your sleeping pattern is messed up which happens to me sometimes. It's awful isn't it?

Do you have any naps when you get home from work? Don't.
    Do you drink coffee or tea after 7pm? Don't do it.

If you need more than 10 hours sleep make sure you get to bed early and not stay up all night binge watching TV shows.

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

here is the catch22 about the whole thing.. I could be knackerd throughout the day.. get in bed and boom can't sleep. I don't tend to drink tea/coffee and it would be hard to nap with two kids running around the house!

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Eat good food, (protein dense food and plenty of fats.) don't eat trash(refined carbs, grains), drink plenty of water, don't drink alcohol. Limit your caffeine intake, because stimulants can cause your energy levels to fluctuate.

Your diet has a big effect on your neurochemistry, your hormones, your blood sugar.

Oh and, get plenty of exercise. I feel exhausted if I don't have an intense workout for a few days.

5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You mean apart from the coke and the crack ????

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Coffee – it works. I have a few coffee machines in my office and generally buy one on the way to work to ease the pain of sitting in traffic.

Exercise after work also helps (around 30 mins) and then I can sleep ok.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well this may need to be looked into in a bit more depth, whats your diet like, if your eating crap then that will affect concentration and can also make you tired in the long run because of a lak of proper nutrients, i can tell when I have eaten crap to when I have eaten good, the difference is noticeable.

On saying that, google 5 HTP, is legal but wont give you energy however you will get a good nights sleep which I find is half the battle. I have started to restrict my coffee to 3-4 cups a day and very rarely drink coffee after 2 pm, also you may want to up your water intake and take time to exercise as both will have apositibve effect. I am quite lucky where I work as there is a gym onsite and I can play badminton and football in my lunch hour, I appreciate some people dont have that luxury.

Could be worth writing a diary of your sleep patterns and what you have eaten. In regards to the 5 htp just make sure your not allegic to the ingredients, I know it works for me because I dream a lot more, before i took them, i would rarely dream and would wake up during the night and often quite angry, now I wake up with a bit of zip about me.

Hope that helps

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680