Does a fail stay on your transcript

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by dotNET, Feb 7, 2008.

1. dotNET

dotNET Bit Poster

Hi

If you take an exam such as the 70-536 and fail, then take the exam again and pass - does the fail get removed or does it stay there indefinitely?

I haven't taken the exam just yet but may take it. It's just that with the huge variety and volume of material that has to be learnt with the 70-536, I don't think I'll ever be in a position where I know absolutely everything inside out.
    I'm trying to master the most important stuff and then take the exam being reasonably competent in dotNet fundamentals. If I thought that a "fail" would stay around forever I may have to study for a lot lot longer.

Thanks

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Does it matter? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

as long as you pass in the end, that what counts...
    ...its not a criminal conviction if you fail.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

no employer is gonna ask to see your records unless they're a douche.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Just had a look at my transcript and there is no mention of failed exams. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Your Prometric test history will show the failed exams... but your Microsoft transcript will show only your passed exams. And employers will see only the Microsoft transcript; the Prometric transcript is just to tell YOU what you've done.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!