Do you know http://www.bcoc.co.uk

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by rabmerab, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

I know it comes very cheap. But what happened when you don't understand some things, who do you ask?
    You still need to have the proper hardware to practise.
    Attend class is always been a better way of learning. But just the money is problem.:cry:

2. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

"
    Only because you keep on mentioning MCSE, which isn't going to help you to enter IT. Many people think they can get a MCSE and enter IT straight in to a system admins position .... its not going to happen

If you had said what certs should i look at to get into IT or how should i study A+, N+ or MCDST you would have got a better response."

You didn't read my thread yesterday when I said I just got the A+ book from amazon and I am gonna start reading it.

"
    When the time is right i may do the CISCO courses at my local college, so i have access to equipment i also feel like meeting people studying as well. I certainly wouldn't pay £3000-5000 for a TP."

In the past I spent few year doing some IT courses like C++ programming, web page design, PC maintenance but the certificate I got ( many) are City&Guilds and I never find any college offer professional IT training like CISCO or MCP.
    Can you tell me which one?
    I am talking abut proper college not the one they call their business college and in reality they are TP.
    cheers

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Your asking who do you ask when you are stuck? errr what about this place? your on a forum with hundreds of IT professionals.

If you get stuck with your studies you can ask on here that is what the place is for, this why most of us recommend self study because you can get advice on here and it is cheaper to self study.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I used to think classes were better but there not self study and on the job is much better you'll cover far more scenarios that any course could fit in, plus its "real-world".

A+ you can buy any old PC from ebay
    N+ and MCDST you can use free virtualization software suns virtual box, virtual pc etc
    (I shouldnt even mention really ;) ) MCSA/E, buy a cheap server (can get very cheap ones these days) use ESXi (Free) for virtualization set-up a virtual domain

All MS books come with evaluation software

I will probably do CISCO at college when the time because of access to equipment, yet who knows i may get my hands of some by then

Thats you get experience and training on the job

Use google, free technet, forums etc

To be honest knowing how to find answers is skill that is required for any IT job.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Yes i did, i am just explaining why people reacted like they did.

and i am glad you choose to do it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  6. m1979

m1979 Bit Poster

Well, I think you underestimate TP, really. I do not know how it works here in UK, I used to take some official and unofficial courses in Poland and I have to say that I COULD NEVER LEARN THAT MUCH BY MY OWN!

My tutors had a lot of experience, showed me PRACTICAL knowledge, I could 'touch' real equipment, create big envirements (MCSA, CCNA), ASK QUESTIONS and get answers in two seconds....