Do people really use Google apps?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

whilst browsing the net I stumbled on Google actually offering certification, the training material is totally free also.. do businesses /individuals really use Google apps?

http://admin-training.googleapps.com

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Yes some of them do, it was something my old place investigated quite seriously.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yes - have seen a few place use Google apps rather than O365

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

One place I worked before used it, my current workplace does as well. Have no experience of O365 so can't compare. the collaboration stuff is really good, you could have whole team working on same docs at the same time. Management is a pita though, a lot of simple tasks is just impossible to do. There is scripting language for it that you just have to use if you want to do bulk actions. Also there is no way to have total control, ie you can't just go in and delete emails for someone's account etc. You also can't refuse any updates/changes to the service, however we can see MS going the same way with Office and Windows...

5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I have an account for personal use, another for a local charity I help to run and the school I work at has one for the pupils and staff.
    Going to look at the link you posted though, look good.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

They use Google Apps in my current work place quite intensively. They've up-skilled certain teams to support the product but I don't think anyone has done certification for it..

Certifications: ITIL v3, IS Foundation
  7. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

Ooh and I use Google Apps personally.

Certifications: ITIL v3, IS Foundation