Do any of you NOT want to progress further?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Mar 5, 2015.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Tech credentials are inversely related to smartness :wink:

When I see a guy in a nice suit, I think "ahh.... bull%h!tter..."

JK2447 likes this.
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Interesting topic – I’ve been pushing for new roles\challenges for years and now I find myself as a company director. The company does supply IT services so its IT 24 hours a day for me sometimes.

Not sure if I want a step back but can’t see myself working for another IT company. I did get the chance to teach some IT (Visual Basic) a few weeks ago and it really got me enthusiastic about IT again.

I hadn’t lost my enthusiasm for the job but when you have been called three times out of hours to troubleshoot firewall issues you do start wondering how long you can work at that pace before you think “F**k it’ and look for a new challenge.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    JK2447 likes this.
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

You're like a boxing coach mate. It could be getting close to your "give back to the sport" time mate, get people learning IT, chasing chickens and punching beef ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs