DNS covered in Network+ ?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Wires_are_bad, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Wires_are_bad

Wires_are_bad Nibble Poster

Hey guys

Just wondering if N+ covers DNS at all? This is a subject that I'd like to learn about in more depth!

My Mike Meyers N+ should arrive in a few days :D :D

Certifications: Bsc Business I.T (2:1)
    WIP: A+ and N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

According to CompTIA's Network+ Objectives list, yes, DNS is covered.

If you have a question about whether a topic is on the exam or not, always, always, always get the information straight from the exam vendor - in this case, CompTIA.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Wires_are_bad

thanks for the info. I searched google and couldnt find if the topic was covered or not.

Cheers

4. BosonMichael

If you search Google for that sort of information, you very well could end up with outdated information. For example, the Network+ exam was updated in 2005. If you Google information prior to that, you may be getting bad info. That's why you should always go to the vendor Web site directly to get that sort of information - CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, Novell, Oracle, etc.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Wires - are you not going to do your A+ then?

6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

DNS has a LOT of coverage in Network+. You will learn its use, its implementation, how to troubleshoot it and how to troubleshoot using it and then there are all those sexy little protocols, port numbers etc etc...you're gonna lav it!

Certifications: A+ Network+
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

DNS is a huge subject and it really is well worth the effort to learn how it works. personally I found DNS to be one of the most interesting things to learn. TCP/IP the worlds most popular protocol these days relies on it, hence Active Directory relies on it and of course the Internet relies on it.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Wires_are_bad

Thanks for the replies.

Mr.Cheeks I've been studying the A+ book but alot of it isn't really relevant to what I want to do. I'm still reading through most of it though, but the N+ interests me more.

I'll probably end up taking them both though tbh!

9. BosonMichael

What you want to do sometimes involves going through what you have to do. If you don't already have an IT job, getting the A+ is essential to getting your foot in the door, and sometimes that means getting an entry-level PC tech or help desk job. Certainly the N+ interests most aspiring techs more than PC work does.

10. Wires_are_bad

I understand what your saying. i already have a job which is why I'm going for the N+ exam instead as its more in line with what Im actually doing at work.

I'm still studying A+ though!