Direct employer job boards

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Enigma, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Enigma

Enigma Bit Poster

Hello All,

Can you please point me in the direction of job boards that solely advertise jobs directly posted by employers (in the United Kingdom/England).
    From my experience and from reading a lot of material online I have found the following problems with recruitment agencies:

• They post non-existent jos also known as 'Ghost' jobs. This is done to get hold of your CV, so they can hit their targets.
    • Ask what companies you have applied to. They then contact them and send over other candidates CV's
    • Ask for your references. They will then contact them without your permission asking if they have any available jobs so they can place their own candidates. This may result in you losing your references because they are being pestered by the agencies.
    • Undercut you. They do this by asking what is the minimum you will work for. They will usually make a markup of between 15-30% on your first years salary. After all they are sales people.
    • Last but not least they know little or nothing about the I.T./technology market. They use software that searches by postcode and by keyword. So for example they might type in 'Linux' and 'Java'. However they know nothing about these technologies. When they do find your CV using this search,
      many do not even read your CV properly. Many only look at you most recent job.

There are a very small number of recruitment agencies that have people that actually know about I.T. and the relevance of suitability of candidatesto jobs they have. I have spoken to them on the telephone. So I must give these few people credit where credit is due.

I look forward to your comments,
    Enigma :beers2:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; Prince2 Foundation
    WIP: MCSA Windows Server 2012