Different Routes to CCNA?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by pmidds, Jul 27, 2007.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello mate.
    I am sorry to say that I don’t agree with many of the comments here but here’s my honest opinion.
    You should make the effort to self learn / self study and at the end it is almost certain to pay it off. I once enrolled on a CCNA at my local college to the now old curriculum 3.1. The course was to be spread out into 2 years. I have done well and have accomplished my CCNA modules 1 & 2. Now comes my biggest problem. It’s a knew school year and I haven’t heard any news from my college about my second year at doing my course. After so many times phoning the college I finally decided to give it a rest and pursue for now my A+ & Network+ certifications. What happened with the college is that they will not carry on with my course for know due to the lack of students. So because of that I am stuck with half of a course and just about to get into a legal battle with the college to refund me with my money back (£250.00 each module). As far I am concerned along with my other 3 college colleges, we have paid for a full course not half and to make things even worst Cisco has now ended curriculum 3.1 and moved onto curriculum 4.0. If I stay put on my ar** waiting for the college I may never ever finish my CCNA due to the lack of students so they say. The new curriculum is now £475.00 each module, if at £250.00 they didn’t had any interest from students what do you think will happen?
    My advice mate to you all out there is really the self study. I know it can be a pain of the rear e** but trust me, it is paying off for me as it did for a lot of others out there. Boot camp not only many of the time they’re just a rip off in my opinion, but like it was said I believe by boson they will end up your so awaited career in the IT industry. Yeah, I can see a boot camp working for someone who needs a quick refresh to do a recertification as after all they only last for three years.
    If you go the college path make sure your getting a full CCNA course and not let stuck with half of it.
    Almost forgot to mention that self passed study is also the cheapest way to go about.
    Hope it helps.
    Good luck,
    Albert, C

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. sonny_jay

sonny_jay New Member

nt sure why my original post was removed. There is nothing wrong in trying to point out that Cisco Paul and his company NetworksInc are a big con.....I have had feedback from numerous people whose money went to waste!!