Did not input MCP ID number...

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by hugorilho, Jul 9, 2009.

1. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Hi guys, I should have mentioned this before but it slipped off my mind...It's probably nothing, but thing is: the very same day I passed the 271 I booked the 272 for the 28th of June. At that moment I still hadn't received my MCP ID number, it would only arrive a couple of days later so I did not used it to book my 272 exam. I know that I should input in the booking deatils so that prometrics can tell Microsoft (if I pass, of course...) to update my MCP secure website... But I didn't cause I didnt have the number yet... Will there be any problem with this?

Certifications: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If MS do create you two accounts, all you have to do is to contact the MCP helpdesk to merge the two :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Ha ha. :biggrin
    Could be worse.
    I know a guy who went to sit an exam and when it asked if he agreed to the T&C's he clicked 'no'.
    Possibly exam nerves, but that was it, exam over, go home please.

LMAO.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol, they should have a maybe button :lol:

I agree with Ken phone the help desk and they'll merge both accounts if it happens.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

...*smirk*

Good story. Need to save this for a future GTG. :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Won't be a problem mate your Prometric I.D is automatically linked to your Microsoft I.D. Most problems arrive when a brand new Prometric Account is created, thats normally when you end up with 2 MCP transcripts.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  7. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Thanks mates. I will let you guys know what happened for future reference. In the meantime lets have some more CBT Nuggets videos. These are the ones who are doing it for me. It's worth every penny. I also bought the Sybex book but I only use it if I have doubts and tbh I'm beginning to leave it in the shelve. If I nail that son of a b**** (aka 272) on the 28th of June, google, cbt and my brain cells will share most of the credit, hehe!

Certifications: MCDST