Detoxifying

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Apr 14, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done Trip! 8)

You've got more staying power than me...

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Got any good liquid salad combinations mate?
    never been a big fan of the taste, what do you mix? :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, the beet, carrot, and ginger (just use a bit of ginger) was quite good. You have to use a juicer rather than a blender to get rid of *all* the fiber, so you have pure juice. You *can't* make what my wife called "green smoothies" in a blender. Just take the same recipes (usually no more than three veggies), toss 'em in a blender, pour in some water to get it the right consistency, and there you go.

Not sure about my eating choices today. I started with cooked veggies but did have a couple of cups of coffee this morning. My liver (upper back, actually) started to feel heavy and ache. I've abused it pretty well over the years, so it may just be letting go of toxins, now that I had my last cleanse last night. Hopefully, the discomfort will pass by tomorrow.

Most mornings, I'll blend spinach, cabbage, and carrot with either a little ginger or garlic. Carrot is sweet, so it can counter the more bitter veggies.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I think the best thing for people is water (not that I drink it myself but should)my Mum has low blood pressure and has to drink 8 pints a day, she also works as a carer for an elderly man & woman nearby and the Woman had mild Althziemers my Mum got this woamn to start drinking a few pints of water a day and she has dramatically improved.

Seems to me there's a lot more to water than veggie and neutrition drinks.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

He hasn't - it's just I've been on a crazy heathy binge this week too - loads of fruit and veg. (been on standby around the house incase the company taking over my old one needed my advice on anything during my "redundant" week)
    Been out for two runs and a 5 mile walk - yesterdays run was 1hr 15min - not bad considering I haven't done anything much since last August!!...doing all that cleans ones insides out somewhat 8)

Well done for keeping it up Trip - bet you're feeling a lot better for it!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I think your missing the point GBL
    Trip IS drinking plenty of water too
    the 'liquid salads' replace his FOOD not his drink, water itself would not sustain you on its own, it has nothing in it!
    you can do both

7. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

A person can live without food for quite some time, usually for many weeks.
    Water is a different story. A person will die within 3-4 days without water.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

survival and good health are often not reached down the same path nightwalker

I am very aware of the bodies ability to 'survive' without food for some time, hell i'm sure mine could manage six months ;) doesn't mean thats good for you in any shape or form

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, the amount of water you drink is very important. Most people are dehydrated all of the time and don't realize it. The rule of thumb is to take your weight in pounds, say 200 pounds, divide the number in half and drink that amount of water in ounces a day. That means in this example, drinking 100 ounces.

Alas, coffee is toxic, but I love the stuff. I have been told that for every cup of coffee I drink, I should drink an equal amount of water, so right now, I have both a cup of coffee and glass of water in front of me and I'm sipping on both. This is on top of the amount of water I mention above.

Water is a natural lubricant and keeps things moving in the body. It doesn't matter if you eat the best quality foods in the world if the waste from it just sits in your body...decays...and the toxic matter is reabsorbed into your body through the large and small intestines. Drinking sufficient water (the amount I mention above is the minimum) is important to moving this stuff out.

It's not just what you eat, either. Your entire body is in the constant process of rebuilding itself. Sure, your skin just drops off into the air around you (which is why you have to dust your house from time to time), but everything internal has to go *somewhere*. If you aren't eliminating sufficiently, *that* waste material gets backed up in you as well.

The body uses whatever you eat as the raw materials for the rebuilding process. If you eat more quality material, you are rebuilt with those nutrients. The body tends to pick the better quality building blocks and discard the lesser quality (toxins) stuff. Eating better and eliminating better, encourages the body to be remade of nutitious materials and slough off the toxic material, assuming you are drinking enough water as well as eating healthier.

That's also the idea behind the cleanse I just finished. By drinking only juiced fruits and veggies, you very quickly absorb only those nutients into your body through your stomach and small intenstines, allowing the body to use those building materials and discard major amounts of toxins (the detox tea and tincture encourage the flushing of toxins, primarily out of the liver). Since during a fast, the digestive system relaxes and stops processing materials through, the daily colonics are required to keep things going through, clearing out the system and allowing room for what your organs are discarding to go through as well.

The net result, is you get rid of stuff that otherwise would continue to sit in your digestive system and organs for months or even years, continuing to poison your body and make it more prone to the diseases and disorders common to modern living.

I hardly eat a perfect diet, but I do try to modify what I eat with the healthier stuff, consuming one to two "green smoothies" a day, and after I'm done with coffee, drinking only water or non-caffeinated herbal teas. All this, plus regular exercise is really making a difference in my life. I don't drink soft drinks anymore and hardly any alcohol (I haven't had a glass of wine or a beer in weeks and no hard alcohol in months). I've found that my liver has become quite sensitive in the area of alcohol, so while I don't feel one drink, if I have any more, I deffo feel the effects of my liver complaining.

Sorry for the "rant", but I guess that's the point of this thread. As I realize that there are probably more years behind me that there are ahead, I have come to understand that if I want my quality of life to stay high, I have to be proactive about it. I don't want my life to be cut short or to be lived in pain and disease.

When you're young, you tend not to think of these things and the body can be very forgiving...but it all catches up to you in time. It breaks my heart when I see someone in their 20s or 30s who is overweight or obese or is chronically ill. I think a lot more of this is avoidable than we typically believe.

End soapbox for now. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+