Dell Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Carlito, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Carlito

Carlito Bit Poster

Hi all,

I have an interview with Dell tomorrow for the position of Client Technical Support Senior Associate, basicly a fancy name for 1st line support. Email from Dell ..............

Please expect the event to last approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, within this time we will provide you with a short presentation on Dell, thereafter you will be required to complete a short technical assessment and 5 minute 1-2-1 interview with a Dell Manager. Details of the assessment will not be disclosed in advance.

What I was wondering is if anyone on here has been for a similar interview with them before in order to guage the type of tech assesment I should be prepared for, or what you guys think might come up?

kind regards

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

My advice would be not to worry about it. You either have the knowledge already or you don't.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Carlito

Carlito Bit Poster

well it seems your good luck helped :) I have been short listed from 30 down to a lesser number after my interview yesterday, the interview was based on a 10 questions that i had 15 mins to answer, some examples were:

Q)A user is getting sparks from the back of his computer, what should he do.
    A) kind of obvious

Q)A user is getting dots on her monitor, she has tried two monitors both are displaying these dots, what could cause this?
    A) I suggested that it was possibly a bad driver for the graphics card, was unsure though

things like that, nothing to harsh but I really appreciate the time I put into A+ now cause I never learned a thing about any of these question whilst doing my degree at uni

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011