Dell Insp 6000 very slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by runiu, Jul 5, 2007.

1. runiu

runiu Nibble Poster

I've Dell Insp 6000 with 1,5 gb of Ram

This machine is very, very slow...

I did system cleanup, defrag, remove programs from startup, chkdsk, scandisk, virus check and nothing...still it takes so long to load windows...

Also laptop is becoming hot after a hour of use...

I check the cpu temperature but it's ok, 38-45C

Maybe the hard drive is overheating because it's 47C

Any ideas ????

Certifications: A+, MCTS: Vista
    WIP: MCITP
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If it is taking longer to load windows than it used to then there are things running now on startup which weren't when the box was new.

One way of getting back to the original state is to use the restore disks for the machine, but this is pretty drastic!

Although you took programs out of the 'startup' area there are a lot of other places that such things can be run from.

There are some neat tools from Sysinternals that will show these.

If the HD is being hammered then it will be getting hot!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think you need to sell it to me for very cheap. It cannot be fixed.

heeheehee

Just kidding... as Harry said, you've probably got background stuff running that you don't even know about. I usually reformat my PC at home every 12-18 months by choice, which keeps my system running blazingly fast. Up until a year ago, I was using a 2.4 GHz P4 with a gig of RAM and had no speed issues whatsoever. Only reason I upgraded was because I needed a Vista test box.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!