December Booking

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Jaron78, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Can I suggest that you're doing too much?

The brain can only take on so much information and if you're filling it too much you can get information overload.

Concentrate on a single exam and take it from there (I know where you're coming from, I could easily be studying for both VCAPs and the VCP-NV exam but decided to concentrate just on a single VCAP rather than overload).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Sorry, I think I may have worded that wrong. I originally had the 70-680 booked for middle of Feb. Once I had done the QA training, I was going to take the exam. However, the instructor advised to complete the 70-686 course as this may drive home some aspects of the 70-680.

The training material I am using is ALL for the 70-680. Unfortunately, our Learning Team have signed me up for the course (70-686) two weeks before I am due to sit the 70-680 :(

3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Have you seen if there are any handy Technet Virtual labs for the bits you're struggling on? I hate things like subnetting, and having a preconfigured environment to hammer through your weak spots is ideal.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Jaron78

Thanks Arroryn, will check it out.

5. Jaron78

Ok, 13 Days till the day.
    Currently watching training vidoes on the Tube, but Labbing from the start again as of this evening. Hopefully this will drag me over the line.

Cannot wait for this Bl00dy exam to be passed and out the way.

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Fingers crossed and just remember to take a break if you need to, don't over do it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. Jaron78

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. Had to postpone the exam until day due to some issues at work.

Ok, where to start?
    I have been using Messer and Windows Free Training as my main material. Found it OK. Built a small domain (Two WS and 1 AD DC).
    Took the exam and got............600. Absolutely gutted and really don't know why I am struggling with this one so much. Its driving me crazy.

I am an intelligent bloke, I'm not stupid, I can understand things and can read etc. Ive passed Exams before so I have no idea why I am struggling with this one so much. I have a second shot which I hope to use in about 2 or 3 weeks. Work have provided Pluralsight so I can use these going to and from work on the Tube, and I have also got CBT Nuggets to watch.

Is there anything that I am missing? I have so much that I want to do and cant do any of it until I get this bloody annoying 70-680 out the way first.

Thanks very much and sorry for the moan, its just got me really down today.

Cheers,

Ron

8. monobrow

monobrow Nibble Poster

Sorry to hear that. Did the report highlight anything specific?

Certifications: MOS Outlook 2010, MOS Word 2010, MCTS Windows 7, ITIL v3 Foundations, MCDST
  9. Jaron78

According to the results sheet my weakest areas are:

8.1 Configure Backup,
    3.1 Configure Devices,
    3.2 Configure Application Compatibility.
    What I plan on doing is just wiping my VMWare Domain and going through the CBT nuggets video and testing everything on the domain.
    I also have the Course material from the 70-680 course so could perhaps run through that again as well. Just try and cram as much in as possible.

Just find that there are some REALLY stupid questions on the test, hard enough as it is, without the questions flummoxing you!!

10. Jaron78

OK, 88 pages of Hand written notes from the 70-680 MS Book (RSI Anyone), now onto a weekend of Labbing with Professer Messer, followed by all the labs from the MS Book.

That will be followed by Practice Exams Tues, Weds, All day Thurs as I am off work, ready for the exam on Friday :)