Dec 08: Product Testers Wanted for Boson ExSim Max Exam Simulator Products

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BosonMichael, Dec 19, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Who says they're not? 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Quite right that it doesn't say they aren't, but it doesn't say they are either! ;)

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  3. BosonMichael

Nor will I reveal that information. In any case, they get a free product valued at $129 for their efforts - isn't that enough?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Oh yesss indeedy! It's like Christmas come early... :D For anyone looking to take one of the exams the sims relate to soon, then what better way to test yourself than with some free 'top of the range' simulation software?

Had a quick whizz through a few questions... looking good! 8) The wife wasn't happy mind you... didn't go to bed until gone 12:30am... yawn...

5. BosonMichael

Anyone else? Bueller?

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep me :D

I'll do the A+ ones if they're available. If not both I'll do the Essentials.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. BosonMichael

Sounds great! Essentials first...

8. greenbrucelee

Nice one 8)

9. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I'd be up for the 601 and/or the 602.
    I'll send you a PM.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I think that's a matter better left private between the product testers and Boson.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. BosonMichael

Props, Nugg. :)

Everyone should have received Welcome Letters and/or keys by now... please let me know if you haven't gotten yours yet.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised that we don't have as many A+ testers as I thought we'd have, what with all the people studying for it...

12. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I have my key for the 601 now so I'll get cracking on that after this weekend's work is out of the way :thumbleft

Maybe you don't have so many A+ volunteers because of where this thread is located, I only stumbled across it by accident because up until last week I only checked the A+ forum since any other forum is practically useless to me, both for giving and receiving advice.

13. BosonMichael

Perhaps... but I really couldn't post this just on the A+ forum, considering there are Microsoft and Cisco exams on there as well. And cross posting to multiple forums isn't good etiquette - particularly when this is the forum that this post most definitely belongs in. :)

Thank you for volunteering to be a product tester! :)

14. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Maybe the mods could pin it temporarily? That might help keep it 'visible'.

15. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

The pleasure's all mine, and I feel that researching the explanations (trying to catch you guys out, which I think I've done) is an excellent way to revise. It's very time consuming though, I'm averaging about 10 questions an hour :(. Still, that's 20 hours revision so far :D
    I'm hoping to have my comments finished on the essentials exam by Friday, then I have to go away for a few days, but I'd be up for doing the 602 as well if all at Boson HQ think my comments show I'm not a lazy SOB.

16. greenbrucelee

I'll have mine done by the end of the weekend, I haven't found anything dodgy yet but I am still trying.

17. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Since you're also doing the essentials, the answer to QID123 doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you could cast your more experienced eye over it and tell me where I'm going wrong.

18. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

whoops, double post.

19. BosonMichael

You're right - it IS very time consuming, if done correctly... but well worth it, if you're studying. You get a free product... we get someone looking over our stuff with a fine-toothed comb... everyone wins. If you're taking the time to do it right - and it sounds like you are - then we will BOTH be better for the effort!

For the record... when we do technical edits on our own stuff, we (usually) go FAR slower than 10 questions an hour. But when customers are paying good money for high-quality content, they deserve nothing less! Know what I mean?? :thumbleft

20. BosonMichael

If you want, you can e-mail me at the Product Tester address. I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I get in the office.