Debian: Installing wxpython 2.8

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by Fergal1982, May 18, 2008.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

In that case compile Python from source code. That's about your only option at this point if you're going to run Debian. That 2.8 is in Experimental means it will be in Sid in not too long, and from there to Lenny isn't a big jump time wise. Packages normally only stay in Sid until the major bugs are worked out, and then moved on to testing, i.e. Lenny, to finish working out the rest of the bugs.

I looked at the Hardy repositories and 2.8 is in there, so you might want to try running Ubuntu server. Hardy has only been out just short time though and there's already bugs against 2.8 so it's problematic at best anyway.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I can maybe wait a while before needing to get the app running on the server to be honest. If its going to appear in Lenny within a few months, i could probably just wait it out. In the meantime, I can run the server app from my local machine.

might be the best course of action for now.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present