Deathmatch: BlackBerry versus iPhone

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, May 26, 2009.

1. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

^ mobiles CAN be switched off when you dont want to be contacted

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

"Save The Weekends" best app in the world ;)

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. NWDaddy

NWDaddy Bit Poster

I have to admit that the 'phone only' profile gets used a lot on my blackberry and the new bedside mode on the bold is very useful when I'm catching up on somw shut eye.

The blackberry also had a nice citrix client up until a few months ago.

# posted from my blackberry

Certifications: A handful of MCP exams
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

A mobile that's switched off is kind of the same as not having a mobile in the first place...

:twisted::biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Yep, I'm in agreement here, the "pocket telephone" novelty has well and truly worn off. Don't get me wrong they are handy but what is the big deal?? It's a tool when all is said and done.

Mind you, I would say that, I have the misfortune of using a blackberry storm! (RIMs biggest turkey) :biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. NWDaddy

NWDaddy Bit Poster

I knew from the minute they said touchscreen the storm was doomed. Putting aside the fact that every touchscreen ever made has been completely rubbish - how can you marry the email functionality of the blackberry with a technology that would struggle to write a short text message accurately.

All early models rocked (despite being built like bricks), the pearl is okay, the curve rocks, the storm sucks, and the bold is in a league of it's own.

Certifications: A handful of MCP exams
  7. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I would disagree with that, I find that I can text quicker and more accurately on my iPhone then on the N95 I had previously, mainly because the iPhone does a better job of correcting my spelling and suggests words better.

I would say that touchscreens are not as immediatly accurate but after some use are alot better.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Hmm

With my iPhone I can access corporate citrix apps with the Citrix receiver app
    connect to my vmware servers via ssh
    RDP into servers

oh, and get enterprise email functionality with the remote wipe and lock down features of activesync

yeah, and blackberry cant even browse the ****ing web properly with its POS built in browser? waaaaayyyy ta go RIM

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Not really, as it's 30 seconds to switch on, alot longer to find a payphone/run out and buy a phone :)

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP