CV scoring Site (It scores your CV)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by L1ONE, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Don't feel too hurt - I don't trust anyone I don't know (and I watch the ones I do know verrrry closely :ninja). You'll find that a large number of techs are like that, as many of us have an eye towards IT privacy and security. The number one rule is to disclose as little information as possible. And your service, unfortunately, requires the disclosure of information, even if personally identifiable information (PII) is stripped out.

To add to that, most of us here have repeatedly seen online companies promise things and never follow through. Not saying your company does things that way... but you're not going to find it easy to convince techs that you're not harvesting info.

All that said, I wish your company well. A poorly formed resume or CV can often be what keeps people from getting the job that they want. A well-crafted resume can make all the difference.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

B with 98/63/67.
    I like one of the tips for improvement

"Your word usage is not advanced enough"

It is designed for HR so I've dumbed it down a bit :twisted:

Seriously though, a couple of good pointers for me there, I'm always improving my CV anyway so I'll go through it again with those recommendations in mind. Always good to get a fresh opinion, even if it is from an algorithm.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job