CV & Agency Questions

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Donmac, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Donmac

Donmac Bit Poster

Hi Guys

Couple of questions.

1. Would anybody mind taking a look at my CV, its been a few years since it's seen the light of day and I would value your input (good and bad)?

2. Has anyone dealt with a good agency in London in the last few months ?? I don't want to send off my CV to every agent and his dog and get hundreds of replys offering unsuitable jobs (had this problem 6 years ago).

Thanks in advance
    Donmac

Attached Files:

Certifications: a few
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Ex2k7, Win2k8
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

To be honest it reads fine mate :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Donmac, your CV looks spot on. Well in terms of not wanting to send your CV to unprofessional IT recruitment agents get your CV on Jobsite.co.uk and jobserve.co.uk and publish it so that potential IT recruitment agents can get in touch with you.

I find this the most efficient way as when you're contacted they'd tell you they saw your CV on the web site as they're looking to recruit for xyz role.

Finally, unfortunately a lot of the IT recruitment agencies are just sales people driven by the commission they'd get and not so much the interest of role of the potential candidate. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Donmac

Donmac Bit Poster

Thanks for the feedback, its good to know my CV is more "state of the art" than "state of the arc".

Will upload my CV later today to the job sites thanks for the advice/feedback people.

Must remember to upload the one without my details xxxx'ed out :oops:

Donmac

Certifications: a few
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Ex2k7, Win2k8
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Glad to be of some help:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell