CV Advice - User of Acronyms

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Colloghi, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I'm just starting to update and put my CV out again, due to the possiblity that position may come to and end.(Im still temp after 8 months, and now the company has lost a key contract) :(

A couple of things, first, Im just wondering how bad it is to use acronyms in your cv, example below

"
    Working within a team, we provide 1st Line Helpdesk IT Support to users involved within the Southern Cluster of The NHS, and as part of the "Connecting for Health" NHS National IT project.

The role of CST has provided myself with an understanding of the data protection act, and the company’s policy on patient data. Common responsibilities of a CST on the NHS desk involve the following:

• Trying to resolve common issues through "first time fixes": the most common being:

Basic printer issues, talking user through clearing printer queues, jams etc
    Syncing MS Outlook with users NHS email account
    Resetting of users email accounts and Citrix accounts after authentication.

• Logging calls through telephony, email and automated alerts which may come into the Service Desk.
    • Efficiently communicating in a correct and professional manner when communicating with users from a variety of NHS roles including Surgeons, GP's, Nurses, and Receptionists.
    • Efficiently communicating with various SDU's to relay information accurately ensuring calls are kept within their designated SLA's.
    • Ensuring each incident is logged within accordance to the specific Minimum Data set designated for each incident to ensure that the call is prioritised accurately and dealt with in the appropriate manner.
    • Providing out of hours service for urgent and non-urgent calls which may come into the
    • desk during non core hours.
    • Creating and resetting of users DBA accounts within the Cerner Millennium System

"

Also i'm not 100% happy and think the above job description of my current role might be a tad too long, any suggestions to condense would be great:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290