Cured. Sooooooo happy

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by skulkerboyo, Jul 22, 2009.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

:biggrin

Just got back from the doctors. I went to get a letter for my insurers to say I'm OK to enter the toughguy despite my heart condition as they have obstacles that are electrified. An insurance requirement!

Turns out (I missed an outpatient appointment due to norovirus so was unaware if my heart surgery a couple of years ago was a success) that I didnt need to get another ecg as they did one when I was having surgery for my hand but had failed to send me a letter.

I quote from the letter

"He should be considered as having a permanent and curative procedure"

So yeah its struck from my record. I'm normal again. Though the risk was small (0.6%) I have no risk of sudden adult death syndrome anymore!

Christ I'm happy. Oh and my blood work was perfect. The doctor even remarked how unusual it was to have EVERYTHING in the normal range (I was also having kidney problems so this was a double bonus for me)

Woohoo

This is the best news I've had in a long time. Sorry if this isnt interesting to anyone but I had to share. I'm soo happy. It means I can convince my partner to let me do even more extreme sporty challenges now:twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

grats mate.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Made up for you mate, thats great news. How about some extreme studying? :lol:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Excellent news that mate, very pleased for you, now get on and enjoy life as best you can! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Glad your all sorted mate :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Major Congrats ! :D

Do we have to call you tough guy now ? :biggrin

7. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Thats really good news mate - I can understand why you would be made up

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

That's great news m8 ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Apparantly (according to a veteran f the event) you only get to call yourself a toughguy if you do the winter event. I held off entering that one as I was worried about thermal shock and my heart but now its a green light as far as I'm concerned.

Bugger is though I lost a big toenail the other day and not in a semi pleasant just fell off kind of way. It was hanging off so I just had to rip the remaining two thirds away. Should be nice doing the event in that.

Wont be studying now until the end of september. I've been flat out since 2007 ish:tune

I may still get an ecg done privately though just to be on the safe side as I was sedated when they took it. Not sure if that makes a difference though.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sweet! Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow! Glad to hear the good news. :biggrin:biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+