cTcollege

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Nellodean, Jul 12, 2007.

1. PhoenixAngelique

PhoenixAngelique Byte Poster

ROFLMAO!!! Dude I totally agree, I don't think the company would have very many customers if we did an IQ test as well as a credit check on them.

WIP: CIW Master Website Design Manager
  2. Coma toast

Coma toast Bit Poster

Also, couldn't you all get together and contact the BBC's Watchdog? Getting the media involved always seems to spur companies into some sort of action.

WIP: A+
  3. PhoenixAngelique

PhoenixAngelique Byte Poster

Excellent call.

WIP: CIW Master Website Design Manager
  4. n_ajger

n_ajger New Member

Hi
    I am having the same problem with this Fu........ing college.
    Since I start my A+ course with them from November of 2007
    The guy (Course Adviser (lire)) told me that I can finish the course with in 3 month.
    And after they will find me a job (at list £15 pound per hour)
    And stupid me, that I didn’t look at the contract paper properly just sign it.
    That Evil course adviser some sort of hypnotize me!!!!
    To pay some college (scam) £1750
    Which I can get for free
    Only 2 practical in a year (12 month)
    Some hotel room without any kind of hardware
    Just lecture………
    I think I am paying for the study martial, which I can get FREE from Nottingham central Library
    We should get our money back
    Also the valuable time we spend with HOPE…. All for nothing

5. richardw

richardw Nibble Poster

those that were/are studying for i-net+, it was dis-continued 31/12/07, the news being released 25/06/07
    http://certification.comptia.org/get_news.aspx?prid=1256
    so if you started after that date, theyve sold you something you cant achieve, which could be enough to get you out of the contract.

Certifications: MOS (Master), MMI
    WIP: MCAS, AAT
  6. Nellodean

Nellodean New Member

So there are some more unhappy cTc students out there. I have wrote to watch dog about my problems and am waiting for a reply!? I asked for my last training day for A+ mid December and after 2 months i'll get a date early next week from my tutor whos auto email reply is saying he's not in the office until late next week...........................Classic :twisted:

7. ameharhughes

ameharhughes New Member

I too signed up with CTCollege for the A+ N+ and MCSA courses.

Initially, it all went very well, the advisor I met left me with my first book and said, start whenever you want. Great, being a big time enthusiast I knew everything in the first book so took the exam online to progress. I zoomed through all the books and online exams and I arrived at the last book, slightly more advise I actually read this one and took the online exam and passed.

And this is where it started to go wrong, I emailed my tutor stating Id finished all the books and online tests and am ready for the real exam. He said it was mandatory for me to attend 3 practical lessons before the test would be booked (the advisor said the practicals are optional). OK fine, lets have the lessons, I said can I do all 3 lessons in one day, he agreed and said he'll get back to me with dates (dates!! despite agreeing to all 3 lessons in one day, mistakes perhaps).

Two weeks passed and I received nothing, I phoned back, to be told no record of my phone call was there and I had to wait for next practical lessons in another 2 weeks. To cut things short, they then avoided my phone calls and emails for several weeks, I phoned my bank and cancelled the direct debit. Suddenly I heard from them saying the direct debit failed I wrote back explaining what happened, to which they replied they cannot moved me forward on the course as I was behind on payments.

Despite the short comings, while on the phone I said OK, ill pay now get up to date and you then you can book my exam while on the phone, he said yes. So i paid and then he started making excusing that his computer has frozen and if I can call back later. Me being very suspicious called my bank straight away and recalled the payment and cancelled the direct debit.

Then the letters started coming, nearly everyday. I sent a reply for everyone I sent, just saying when my exam is booked and confirmed I shall get up to date in one payment. They letters slowed to a one a week, then one a month, I sent one back stating, that unless the exam is booked I will not pay and if they letters do not stop I shall take them to court for harassment and misleading me to sign a contract.

The letters stopped and have not heard anything from them since. I think I was lucky though because I wasn't going to do the A+ at first just straight into N+ and MCSA, but they convinced me and I agreed. If I hadn't don't he A+ first I would of gotten to the end of the course quickly, in my opinion I was because I done it so fast they thought Id take the exam and stop paying maybe, who knows, we never will.