Creating a Recovery Agent

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Farrukh, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Farrukh

Farrukh Bit Poster

Hello everyone

I am having many problems in creating a recovery agent in XP PRO and am really disliking the process of creating it does any one knows about it

Please tell me where to put the certificate, please specify the folder
    if any one knows the full process of creating a recovery agent, the certificates, importing and exporting them and then the agent can decrypt the encrypted file created by any other user

Help

WIP: Preparing for MCSE
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Does this help?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/cryptfs.mspx

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Farrukh

Farrukh Bit Poster

Hello

Sir thankyou for the link.

Recently i got another link concerning about the decryption process i tried that process but was having problems in putting the certificates in the right certificate category

I was able to create two file (.pfx and .cer), gave the password for them. Then i imported the .pfx file then enabling the 'mark this key as exportable' box and Chose the 'Automatically Select The Certificate Store Based On The Type Of Certificate' option.
    then through the security policy public key policies i added the recovery agent through the .cer certificate.

but i am not able to decrypt the file

i there any other step which i am not performing or what
    i have XP PRO
    help

WIP: Preparing for MCSE