Cram Time! 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by MrNice, Aug 30, 2005.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Alright dudes,

Been away from the forums of late with one thing or another, surf trips, girl problems etc.

Anyway back to the important stuff.
    I have my 70-270 exam on the 12th September and to say I have been neglecting my studies is an understatement!

I have just done all three exams on my transcender software getting scores 600, 650 and 750 respectively.

I am trying to focus on the weaker aspects of my knowledge and subjects that appear to be heavily tested. I am reading up big time on deployment methods and share/NTFS permissions.
    Anyone got any other advice I may find useful, hints tips?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

From what I know of the exam the areas you are focusing on seem to be hit hard.

how many times have you taken the transcenders? try taking them again, or (I'm not sure if you can still do this) take a random test which will use a mixture of the questions from the three tests.

The scores you have been getting seem to be good, so you should have no problem with the real thing. If you can pass the transcender then you will ace the real thing.

One thing to remember though is not to put all your efforts into your weak areas, remember to still keep yourself fresh with the stuff you think that you are strong on, as you never know waht you may forget.

8)

3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

dont mean to hijack the thread, but how about the preplogic tests? are they any good?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I've heard good things about them, but haven't personally used them.

I also think that they're a bit cheaper than the transcenders.

8)

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I used PrepLogic tests for my A+ and I found they were harder that Transcenders. The scores that I was getting on them were more in line to what I scored on the exams.

For the 270, I think wireless and active directory/domain also play a big part.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Wireless plays a big part? 180 transcender questions not one mentions wireless? going to have to hope for the best regarding the simulation questions as it is!

7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that in terms of wireless what you would be looking at is just being able to connect to a wireless network using the standard windows tools, which auto detect anyway! I know that remote access seems to be hit a bit in there though.

8)