Couple of days

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by MrNice, Apr 25, 2005.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Alright dudes,

I just completed a month working with the internal IT team in my company. Major refurbishment going on so they needed a hand moving all the departments about temporarily. Month over and they decided they want to keep me a day or two a week as needed which is good. I hated being stuck in the office all day so doing this at the moment put's me top of the list for the first field service IT position that comes up. Getting loads of hands on patching people in etc and also loads of time "monitoring" the network and setting up the new WSUS update software and testing it on our showroom pc's.
    Must be good for something huh? :biggrin

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Excellent stuff m8 - that experience will prove invaluable if not in your current position, then when it comes time to move on. Make the most of it, and enjoy :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Make sure you document all the different tasks that you perform so you can include the experience on your CV.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Echo Trip, this is a great way to get your foot in the door, or at least gain some experience. My first real IT job came about because a couple of years earlier I had helped with some of the system stuff whilst working there as a temp.

Good work. :D:thumbleft

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one Mr Nice :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong