cost of a+

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, Mar 22, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Could anyone tell me if £760 is a reasonable cost for the a+ course including the exam fee or it is cheaper

I am going to study it through distance learning with taitec college based in Newcastle but I havent signed up yet just in case I can find out if it is cheaper elsewhere

Steve

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's certainly cheaper if you use self-study methods. If you require a classroom environment, so be it... but you don't have to take a class to take (and pass) the exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

Is that for both parts of the A+

If I remember rightly aren't the comptia exams for these £180 each so that's £360 worth for a start

What books do you get for this and is there any test exam software

From my experience lack of self confidence is probably one of the main reasons why you'd look to go on a course and study but with all the resources of the Internet available and sites such as this with the wealth of experience and help they offer I don't personally see any advantage in classroom courses and even less in distance learning

The one other advantage I guess it may have is that once you've paid a sizeable amount for distance learning you're more likely to stick with it because you don't want to throw your money down the drain

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The A+ exams are £108 each, there are two of them.

A book such as MM All in One is around £30.

A cheap second hand PC can cost anything from £50 - £200.

If you're going to look at distance learning, or even attended learning then can I suggest that you look at the above resources and also the Cisco IT Essentials 1 course, as it pretty closely matches the requirements of the A+.

A+ = A+
    A+ and IT Essentials = Better than just A+

8)

5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

That definately sounds expensive to me. Are you sure taitec is a college? Im pretty sure that its the test centre that i use in kingston park.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

Opps, So they are, I'd been looking at the RFID+ which is £180 and presumed they were all the same across the board like M$

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me