Core Results

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mr.Cheeks, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Firstly, i would like to say Ramadhan Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters out there...
    ---
    I booked my exams some time ago,for CompTIA A+, and been studying since May this year (actually started college in March/April)...

Its been some time since i had an exam, well, the only thing i actually class as an exams were my GCSE's, but its not really fair to sit 7+ exams in a space of two weeks, which have a massive impact on your life at the age of 16-17... Other than that, done NVQs in IT, which you know your going to pass before hand, as the Internal Verifier verifies your work before submitting it to OCR? If you fail then, my understanding would be that the IV did not do his/her job properly...

ah, then there is my driving test (theory), well not much of a test huh, read the highway code book in the evening before the test and on the morning of the test, and passed it with 33/35, then the driving test itself (practical), well, i expected to fail... In all honestly i should of (if i was the examinator), the driving was a disgrace in my standard yet it was safe... i passed 1st time anyway, told the examinor that i was quite shocked that i passed, and he actually said that my driving was quite good, and WTF am i complaining for :blink (thinking in my head)

hmmm, ok, for those who know me, you should know by now that i go off-topic, pop in a thread, ask a question, and then feck off.... so back to topic i hear you say...

like is said, i booked my CompTIA A+ exams, i wanted to post my results straight away, but couldnt believe what score i had got, but then i wanted to post both results at the same time, but i cant wait either...

I used the Transcenders, MM AiO, Cramsessions, MM interactive CDs, TestOut and im sure there are some more... People say, go for the exam when you are ready, i have never been more readier than ever, i think over the last 3 weeks, i studied proper hard (normally, i study at work aswell, but been really busy with this upgrade project)...

i went in to the testing centre, nice babe there (think she's is there to increase morale in the place), she took my details, and off i went to the break room , grabbed 2 glasses of water, and knocked them back...

then the lady took me to the testing room, and told me what to do...

sat down, read the nonsense on screen (btw 100 qs in 90 mins + ethical questions (not part of exam time, additional 15 mins set aside)) clicked on start, first question :blink clicked on Next, second question :blink third question, ahhh :p now there is something that made sense.... wizzed through the exam, went and clicked on review flagged questions (or something like that), went through those, and then, went through all the exam again, so to make sure i selected the correct answers, this is generally, i think the hardest part... you see if its not obviously correct like

Q1. Does Win 3.11 support NTFS?

A1 - Yes
    A2 - No

If you selected Yes, you know that obviously wrong, so you change it to No, otherwise, what ever your original answer would be, you'd assume its correct, otherwise you wouldn't of put it there, would ya (other than to review it and/or finding the answer a few questions later)?

I clicked on End Exam and was prompted that clicked the button would mark all non answered questions as incorrect, quickly pressing Cancel, to make sure i answered all of them, i find i did, so i clicked again to end the Exam...

Did i pass? Dunno, i had this nonsense pop up, asking about age, location, and stuff (i'm assuming this is the ethical questions people been going on about)...

Then it popped up...

Failed

503/515

At that precise moment in time, a sai went through my heart, gutted wasn't the word, prob times that by a 1000 would not be close enough how i felt...

I been through a lot of things in my life, people talk as if they have been through everything, if you been close to death, the doc are telling you this, then you'll know what i mean, the feeling i had when the SOB popup screen came (where's google-block up when you want the b@stard), thats how i felt...

I have my OS planned for this Friday, im going to push it more forward, not risking the fail again, since i have not revised since Friday aswell.. I have until Next Year April, which leaves me with plenty of time... Im not going to rush it, im going to take my time...

My advice to people, keep trying, and keep studying, dont fall at your 1st obstacle, if you wanna get somewhere in this world, remember you may fail at some point, we are only human, but remember get up and keep at it, whether you fail at your first exams or your 9th exam, an exam is an exam, you with pass or fail, unfortuantely for me it was the latter...

:biggrin

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry to hear about the result Cheek, but goo on you for keeping your chin up and diving back in. :thumbleft

3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Gutted!!!:(

Sorry to hear you failed Cheek, I just can't believe it, all that studying and test software. Must be the way they ask the questions?

On another forum a girl said she found the question hard to understand. It was the way the ask the question not what the question was about that was confusing!:dry

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate. I know what you mean when you refer by not taking an exam in a while. The last exam I took before the A+ was in 2001 so getting back into ‘exam mode’ was difficult at first.

Your score wasn’t too bad. Just a thought but you could go for the exams again in a couple of weeks? I now take exams on Tuesdays and take the Monday off work. This means I can study from Saturday to Monday and not get distracted by work, that makes a change! From your post it seems like you have many other things going on which can mean you can’t dedicate as much time as you want for studying.

Best of luck! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BobT

BobT Nibble Poster

Hi Cheekmaster - A great pity about your result:( . It's been many a year since I had an examination of any kind, (excluding a third-degree......... from the Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise:twisted: ) I don't relish the prospect at all. I'm studying for various certifications and think I would share your devastation if I stumbled at the first hurdle.
    Anyway, 'onward and upward', and better luck next time round.
    Regards.

Certifications: Bugger All
    WIP: A+ Network+ Server+ Security+MCDST
  6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Gutted for you mate, don't let it make you think about giving up.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  7. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

:cry: sorry to hear that cheekmaster.

keep positive :salut the chances are if you took the exam again tomorrow you'd pass.:thumbleft

WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  8. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

An old adage,but poignant in this case..'tis better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all'.

You'll crack the bugger next time around fella and we're all rooting for your OS exam.Nail the OS,get busy with a retest and we'll be welcoming another member to the A+ club soon enough.

Not that I think you need it,but CF is here to help mate,just ask.8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Unlucky Cheek.
    I know you are pretty cheesed off at the mo, but use todays exam to your advantage for next time- you will know the layout and what to expect and might go in more relaxed.
    Use the score sheet to concentrate on your weak area :thumbleft

Good luck for Friday.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

sorry to hear about your result Cheek, take a few days break and come back raring to go, you will get it next time.

Certifications: A+
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Bummer! - and you were so very close too :(

It's tough when you fail, a really horrible feeling. Unfortunately it is a feeling that most people doing IT certs will experience sooner or later.

Now get back on your horse and do it again - soooon!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Cheers for your support guys! Most appreciated :thumbleft

13. FZ1

FZ1 New Member

After I joined and did a couple of posts, I decided not to bother posting here again but just to "lurk" to see what was going on. Well mate your post made me post again, what can I say but stick at it, if a 40 something, hairy ar*ed former truck driver can do it Im sure you can. Good luck

WIP: Linux+
  14. Stu

Stu New Member

Man, sorry to hear about your results. You do no that the formart of the A+ is changing as from the 30th Sept as far as i am aware. How rubbish is that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270
    WIP: MCSA
  15. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Sorrt to hear about ya fail mate, ya will nail it next time. Is this right, i thought it was end of March next year when it changed.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  16. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The two sets of objectives will overlap. The old ones get retired next March.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  17. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Cheekmaster! Just read this post - so sorry to hear about your results - keep at it though, have a few weeks break, and keep at the pracitce questions!

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  18. Rblsmll

Rblsmll New Member

I'm sorry to here you failed but i also failed aswell i got 498 and i was gutted but i just didn't understand the questions they were worded differently and i couldn't grasp what they where asking me i was always left with two choices for answers and didn't know what to pick. I also changed a few questions at the end which i found out later on in the day that i had them right in the first place and would have passed which made me feel worse.

Rebecca

WIP: A+
  19. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear you failed. I make it a rule to always go with my first gut instinct with ambiguous questions. The more you think about questions like that, the more you become indecisive I think.

WIP: 70-270
  20. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Too right!Gut instinct should be trusted.Chances are,if you've taken plenty of prep-exams beforehand you are answering a question you've already encountered without realising it,since it would be worded differently in the exam.

Certifications: A+ Network+