Connection Problem in SBS

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Corsair, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Corsair

Corsair Nibble Poster

Im not familiar with 2003 SBS and Im getting an error and dont know what else to check.

This is the setup. Two computers (1 with SBS and another one with 2003 Ent.) connected through a router. Both are getting an IP from the router. I can ping the Enterprise computer and even connect to it using the \\IP_Address but I can not find/connect/ping the SBS computer doing the same thing from the Ent. one. Firewall is off on the SBS. Is there any other setting/configuration that I am missing that is preventing the SBS computer from being seen/accessed ?

Thanks in advance...

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, Security+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Give both devices a static IP, run through the Internet Connection wizard on SBS and then try again. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Corsair

Corsair Nibble Poster

Had tried that with no results. After hours of scratching my head and looking at every single possibility, found that the network connection had an "AGN Filter Interface" binded to it. Disabled it and everything started working again and I could ping/connect to the SBS server.

After doing a little research about what that "AGN Filter Interface" was and how was it installed, I found out that the AT&T Global Network Client adds that when you install it. Apparently my customer had tried installing that software for some reasons.

Well... Im glad its fixed now......

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, Security+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA