Confusion in CompTia A+ Exam Objectives, Please Help!

Discussion in 'A+' started by xhunter08, Jun 30, 2009.

1. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

Hello buddies :helpread

I live in London. I am looking forward to take CompTIA A+ Certification Exam in about 3 months. As part of preparation for the exam I have been doing self study at my home.

I came across with two exam Objectives: one is the old one, 2006 objectives and the new one is 2009 objectives. I downloaded both the objectives and went through them.

I think the new 2009 objectives is better than the old one.

My Questions are:
    :arrow:Can I take the exam on new 2009 objectives after 3 months of today's date?
    :arrow:If not after how long, the new 2009 Objectives exam questions will be available in exam centre?
    :arrow:It'd be great if someone could provide some more information about new 2009 exam objectives.
    :arrow:And recently on what exam objectives people are taking the exam?

Any suggestions or any comments of this kind are welcome:respct

cheers:cheers
    Ryan (xhunter)

2. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

come on, someone help me.:x

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

right the current 2006 objectives do not retire until next year, it does not matter wether you take the 2006 or 2009 objectives.

to take the exams you book your exams through www.pearsonvue.co.uk you register with them and pay them and you will find your nearest test centre on their site.

you need to take two exams to be A+ certified both exams must be from the same objectives i.e both from 2007 or 2009.

YOu can get two discount vouchers from www.gracetechsolutions.com when I took the exams they were £107 each as opposed to paying pearsonvue £133 each

And be patient for getting replies not everyone on here is at home waiting to respond to someone, quite alot on here are at work whilst posting so they have work commitments to deal with.

Most people are taking 2007 obectives and that inlcudes the essentials exam which is mandatory and the IT Tech exam which is most poplular

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

:super Thanks for the link to discount vouchers. :D I think I should take exam on 2006 objectives as most of the learning materials available are based upon 2006 objectives.

5. greenbrucelee

just make sure you buy the international vouchers as the other ones are for the US and Canada only

6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I was going to say that but you beat me to it.

I've not looked through the 2009 objectives myself. Why do you feel they're better?

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

yeah, I checked the international one as well, really discounted price, far more cheaper :D than the non-member price.

8. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

I think 2009 objectives are better than the 2006 objectives in the present context because it is updated version and it focuses more on new features like Windows and other new PC technologies. But sadly :( there are no educational materials available for 2009 Edition. So, I am gonna stick with 2006 objectives for now.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, I can understand that - Windows wasn't out in 2006. :twisted:

What major new PC technologies have come out in the last three years, XHunter?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. greenbrucelee

the 2006 does focus on Windows and new PC Technologies. The main difference between the 2006 and 2009 objectives that I can see is 2009 exams include Vista and thats about it.