Confused MCSE?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Luddym, Nov 3, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's just crazy! Exams have never counted twice towards fulfilling separate parts of a certification. Based on what has happened historically AND on what is posted on their Web site, it seems that their tracker's programming logic is indeed flawed (despite a long lecture from RHLee on how Boolean algebra works :rolleyes: ).

Again, this isn't the first time that this has happened... their certification tracker reported that I had passed the MCITP: EST - after all, all the boxes were checked. But the programming logic differed from their requirements posted on their Web site. Eventually, the tracker was fixed and the certification removed.

It is baffling why someone at MSLearning wouldn't know their own procedures, but to be honest, I'm not totally surprised, considering some of their recent decisions.

Why don't you e-mail them back and ask why the design exam counts twice when the Web site specifically states that the design exam cannot count as the elective? After all, if it did... and you HAVE to take a design exam to get the MCSE... then why have an elective at all? If the tracker's logic were accurate, the design exam should ALWAYS count as the elective. But that's not how it's supposed to work.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

To be honest BM, im in two minds to E-Mail them again.

I'm getting a bit fed up with it to be honest. I know you are right, but do I need to literally tell Microsoft to take my MCSE away before they actually listen? Or do I just leave it and take my elective anyway.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you're going to take your elective anyway, then just knock it out. That way, it won't matter, cause you'll be legit, both on the tracker AND according to the verbiage on the site.

Still, it would be good for them to find out what's actually wrong with their system... and if SOMEBODY doesn't stay on them to fix it, it'll never get fixed, sadly.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!