Confused about new Microsoft MCSE/MCSA certs...

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by steveh2001, Apr 14, 2012.

1. somebodyspecial

somebodyspecial New Member

Thanks for the response guys...I waited for my response to show up (it was denied) but wanted to say thanks since it seems it's dead. I'm still not sure why the other post was flagged (no response from forum yet). No swear words, or anything. Just a thanks for answers really and a comment I might have gone a different way on my own certs had I read it that way ages ago. Odd. Very odd. Not a harsh word in it? Not even a word like cr4p which is flagged on some sites :) I think the pope would have passed it :)

Anyway, thanks pizzaboy and Richyv. I'll leave it at that to avoid being flagged again...LOL. I want my thanks posted :) Again...Or for the first time? ;) Whatever. Have a good day guys.

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Your response wont show up if the spam detection system denied it.

I did reply to your email, did you try what I suggested by removing the @ symbol? The system may think your trying to add an email address.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. somebodyspecial

somebodyspecial New Member

I'm not sure when you wrote it, but you are correct, checking today in yahoo it came at:

Message flagged
    Friday, September 7, 2012 7:58 PM

My stamp to you guys shows:
    On 8 September 2012 03:32
    I just assumed by 5 days I wasn't getting a response. :) My email was sent on the 8th so maybe the fact your timestamp is before my actual post (wow you have time travel...LOL) it confused their system? Pizzaboy did get away with an "at" in his post to me though, so not sure why that would flag my post. Yahoo isn't exactly the best email out there so it's probably just them :) Either way, I do realize it wasn't you guys that flagged me, just the posting app trying to stop spam or jerkoff posts so no big deal. I'm not sure why yahoo would take so long. I honestly did check before posting and their responses did show up in my inbox (you landed in spam-go figure). Weird turn of events, but thanks for responding. That's what I get for not giving my hotmail address I guess. It's rare when I don't get a hotmail email within 10hrs of the person sending, yahoo seems all over the map on occasion.

Yahoo is kind of like UPS. I once had a package go all the way to Paris, FRANCE from California (when I lived in Oregon at the time). The tracking actually showed it was in Oregon at some point before heading to lala land and coming back. In UPS' defense it only took 17 days or so to make the trip...not bad for a round trip GROUND paris package...ROFL. If either gets much worse I guess I can always create another cox email for website stuff. I'm guessing the timestamp may be our country time differences. It's still funny you responded before I even emailed (you're psychic) and it took yahoo 5 days to get it to me...LOL. You won't land in spam again though (if their own app pays attention to my contact list/rules). I'm thinking yahoo just kind of sucks...Since MS got involved with them? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just got flagged again before posting...You're correct, I changed "at" from the symbol and it went through...weird some get in and some don't.

Anyway thanks for the help...I'll forget the "at" signs from now on :)

4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Yes very odd, that pizzaboy could use the @ but yours was flagged. Anyway, once you have made a few more posts you wont go through the spam system its only enabled for new members to combat fly by spammers!

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...