Configure Windows XP Professional to be a VPN server

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by tripwire45, Mar 24, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good article on the subject: here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Great link Trip, very useful indeed, you rock :!: :cheeseyg

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, the guy who posted it on another forum rocks. I'm just passing it along.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks Trip that is useful information for sure. It is easy to forget how powerful XP and W2K are if you don't delve into some of the more complex setups from time to time.

Dr Thomas Shinder (the author) used to be a medical doctor and changed professions to IT geek because he didn't like the stress and long hours associated with being a doctor. He is famous for his contributions to ISA Server and he set up www.isaserver.org which is the best resource regarding ISA on the Internet. Microsoft recognises that he is The Man when it comes to ISA.

Without him I would be completely lost!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Don't like his writing style myself, it's too dry, and he doesn't go into why something is used enough.Preferring to concentrate on how something is done, which is fine, but if you haven't worked with the software or in the industry it's hard to conceptualize some areas.

That's the syngress osborne 2000 series I'm referring to.

Nethertheless, I suppose he does know his stuff, but those particular publications haven't worked for me.

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That is true Flex! Actually his writing style doesn't work for me either, which is probably the reason that ISA still has me confounded and why I haven't sat the last exam yet. I have to find some texts that explain the concepts in simple terms before my brain can knit the whole thing together. At the moment I am relatively clueless after 6 months study :?

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

In the syngress osborne set right, here's an example of how an author can affect you.

I've been readin 210 215 and 216 217 now n then.Can't for the life of me get this guy, sorry but he's cr@p at writing.

I picked up 218 book one day, just for the heck, to see what it was all about.
    Anyway after about 2 hrs I suddenly thought eh, I can't put this book down, this is strange.

I remembered to check the author on the front.Surprise surprise, it was written by Rory McCaw and Alan Simpson.

The enxt books I buy I will check for their publication's.They're excellent, for me at least, to egtting tot he darn point and telling why a thing is done.
    Not just bombarding you with useless facts with no concept of how they fit intot he big picture, like Schinserrrzz (whatever his name is) does.

I know I've gone off topic ehre, but it is an important point which I never used to even think about.
    Choose your authors carefully :!: