Computer Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TeddyLee, Nov 12, 2006.

1. TeddyLee

TeddyLee New Member

I recently bought a computer from www.ibuypower.com and it was working good except for the video card. I ran the program
    3D mark and the program will freeze my comp like it would run the program for a while and then the video card will lock up and crash my whole comp, and so i never ran the program again(3D mark is a program to test video card) SO i continue using my comp working great, and then like a month later i went to take a shower came down and realize my comp was kind of laggy like freezing and unfreezing it self so i restarted it and it brought me to the login menu of windows, and it froze, so i restarted it again and it took me to the windows loading menu, and instead of takign me to the login menu after loading, it kept loading that bar kept on going and going and going, so i couldnt restart it manually, so i shut it off by holding the power button and it shut off, now it saids " NO SIGNAL" on the monitor and everyone suspects its the video card problem my video card is nvidia 7900 gt dual. ANd i tried my old comp's monitor, and i checked the wires and power and it works great it can turn on, but it display nothing on my monitor but no signal and it would go to standby the monitor i mean. I recently called up ibuypower, the company i bought my comp from, and they are sending me a video card, i just hope it is video card problem.

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Teddy and welcome to the forum.

Tell me, has your motherboard got on-board video? If so, you could un-install the card drivers, and un-install the video card and temporarily use the on-board one until the new card arrives - just a thought, and good luck.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. TeddyLee

TeddyLee New Member

no i doesnt it just has the video card but I'm not even sure if it really is the video card i hope its not the motherboard for if it is i gotta send it back to the company

4. TeddyLee

TeddyLee New Member

i cant even turn on my comp the only thing that shows up is no signal

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ah well, it could well be the video card, wait for that and see how it goes, not much else you can do, assuming you have made sure it's properly seated etc.

Good luck and fingers crossed!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)