Computer game

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by ManicD, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Ok, so i'm looking for a new computer game.

if anyone remembers the old game Confilct: Freespace and Freespace 2 thats exactly the style game i want.

Space fighter pilot dogfighting, and blowing shite up type games.

I just recently got the craving for it again and cant even find my old freespace cd's. Anyone got any good ideas?

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I use to love flight simulators Like the Janes series but they don't seem to make them anymore :(

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

yeah, thats why i'm asking, i have not heard any recent titles with that genre

4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

The only recent flight sims i can think of are MS Flight sim X (no combat in that though) and the Ill-Sturmovik series plenty of combat and WW2 style plane there. As for space combat flight sim games i can't think of any since the old X-wing series stopped. I had Freespace 2 and teh X-wing games and loved em. I suppose if your desperate enough and have the money theres always EVE Online?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

EVE Online, Thats exactly the type of game i want but i would want an offline version.... gah, what are game creators up to these days?

Any here skilled enough to write me a game.... i'll buy it...and i bet theres others that will too..

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

EVE is not a twitch combat game, it wont fill that void

there have been no good space sims for eons.. the X series sucked hard interface wise if you ask me, me and my friend usually just drop the Freelancer and Starlancer cds in for a bit of retro space combat goodness

Allegiance was a ****ing AWESOME game but too far ahead of its time, MS canned it and i think made it open source, go have a look for some of that, its not SP (you really need a gang of 10+ of you) but its a bloody awesome game, bit of strat/teamwork thrown into the trad space sim

Oh Lucas Arts where for art thou?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

click my sig

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Freespace 2 that was a classic game!

If your still looking for space combat fight simulators -have you played DARKSTAR ONE? it's £7 on amazon.

Some of the reviews state it's similiar to x3 but not as complicated?:blink You can modify your space ship, dog fight or use it for smuggling.:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+