Computeach

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by striker10, Dec 6, 2004.

1. striker10

striker10 New Member

Hi,

This is my first post and thank God I was curious because I nearly sold my sole to the :twisted: . The things what put me off, I don't know if any of you guys seen the dvd computeach send you but it's rubbish. It was one big sell and not very convincing at that with rubbish actors talking out their :oops: , also they never reveal the price of the courses. Now i've done telesales in the past and this reminded me of it AND lol another thing was when I saw the advert it was an 0208 number but on another site they give a freephone number!. I'm not sure if it's possible for them to make money that way but I wouldn't be suprised. So i'm doing self learning like some of the other guys i read about, where the only person you've got to trust is yourself and ofcourse with the exams being more affordable it's overall a better deal. Finally i'm just glad I found this site because we're all in the same boat. 8) mark

2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi Mark, welcome to Certforums. Have you started studying yet ? if so then what are you studying now?

Phil

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. striker10

striker10 New Member

hi,

Well i was going to do mcse (parental pressure), but i've read that it's recommended to start with A+ and work your way through so that's what i'm going to do, I know bits and pieces so i'm optermistic. Thanks for your reply 8)

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good luck with your studies, Striker - why not drop a post in the New Members Forum - give us some info on you :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. striker10

striker10 New Member

hi,

I'll definately do that when i get time later. :)

6. culp

culp Bit Poster

Hi,

good for you I think you have made the best decision, after all you can buy a lot of text books for a grand!

Culp

Certifications: CIW
    WIP: Sun Certified Programmer
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, striker10. Depending on your goals, the A+ is a pretty good cert to start out with. While having an MCSE is worthwhile, you will still require experience in the IT field before you will really be qualified to administer or support a Microsoft network.

Usually, the first experience to be had in the field is either as a help desk rep in a call center or as a roving Hardware and Applications support tech. Both of those fit the skill set encompassed by the A+ and probably the Network+ certifications.

Glad you found the place. If you haven't already done so, please feel free to visit the various forums...especially the A+ and Hardware forums in your case...and ask any questions you might have. Also, take a moment and pop up to the New Members forum and tell us a little more about yourself.

Cheers.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Erm, your a tad late on this one Trip - posted on 06/12/04 :oops:

LOL - Hey we know your heart's in the right place. Big Fella :wink:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster