CompTIA Network+ or A+ before CCNA

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by SgtEarlHickey, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

If you've worked within the same enviornment, kit wise (i.e cisco, windows based AD network etc etc) and it's related to the job you're going to in the US - i don't see any reason why not, the only difference on working abroad and the procedures i guess is that they have 2 pin plugs and the main language is different! :mrgreen:

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

just because you have done a job in a different country doesn't mean that it doesn't count in another country. If you have done the job then you have experience.

There is a member here who used to live in the UK and Now lives in the US doing the same type of work.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What the others have said is correct: work experience in the industry is experience, regardless of where you worked. :)

Out of curiosity, where in Asia are you?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. SgtEarlHickey

SgtEarlHickey Bit Poster

@BosonMichael -- I'm in the Philippines right now.. But I had several trips to the US coz my mom is there.. My mom works as a nurse that's why she doesn't know all these things and I got no one to ask about all these hehe.. :-D

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You've got us... after all, that's what these forums are for! :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. SgtEarlHickey

SgtEarlHickey Bit Poster

@BosomMichael -- You bet! I'm actually downloading study guides and ebooks in CompTIA..Hope these will help. :-)