CompTIA announces retirement dates for the A+ 2006 (220-60x) exams!

Discussion in 'A+' started by BosonMichael, Aug 27, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Looks like they've changed the dates again, but this one looks official. Unfortunately for those on my side of the pond, we've only got till February 28, 2010. It is unclear as to whether you guys in the UK have until August 31, 2010, but it looks like you might.

From here:

Could someone pin this?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Oh dear. They said July 31st 2010 for the 60x retirement when they announced the 70x exams.
    Not exactly racking up the cred points by changing their mind so dramatically. Especially on this side of the pond where the CompTIA certs perceived value seems to be lower.
    I imagine the difference between the US/Canada exams and the others mentioned is purely translation, so this side of the pond will have the same expiry date as you guys.
    I think they need to invest a dollar and buy some of what you're selling, BM.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job