comptia a+ questions question

Discussion in 'A+' started by alih786, Jun 20, 2008.

1. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

does anyone have or know what the ACTUAL a+ exam questions are going to be like?? apart from the questions that are on the comptia site.

Certifications: BTEC First Diploma - Cisco IT Essentials
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

everybodies exams are different and anyway if you knew the answer or what the questions would be then that would be cheating.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

no, i dont want to cheat, i just want an example of a question so that i know how the questions will be asked.

most people say its easier than the essentials

and 1 other thing. is the essentials EXACTLY the same thing(same revision, information etc..) as the A+ exam? apart from the way the ask the questions?

4. greenbrucelee

you should know these answers if you have been studying the correct material.

The IT technican exam is based on how you would fix something or how something works, the essentials exam covers everything.

Like I said everybody has different questions so it is impossible for me to say how your questions will be asked and what they will ask.

5. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Maybe someone can post an example of a question that they came across on their exam if it help's...Then again...if evey exam is different like you said, it is pointless. I can say from what i know that the essentials is more technical than 602. I think 601 has more questions about ports, busses, cables etc, rather than 602 wich is more to do with troubleshooting and enviroment like questions. My opinion anyway...8)

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The real exam questions are *never* exactly like any of the mock test questions you get with text books or buy from firms such as Boson or Transcender. Those of us that have taken those tests can't tell you *exactly* what the questions are like, because we'd be violating our Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). I know you're not trying to cheat and I know you're trying to deal with test anxiety be being a prepared as possible, but you'll just drive yourself crazy worrying about the exact wording and format of the actual exam questions. I've said this before and it's still true...focus on learning and knowing the material you'll be tested on. If you do that, the questions will take care of themselves.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

ive just come across two of the best revision tools: proprofs and mike myers a+ certificate passport(not the damn all in one guide- to me thats useless)

which 1 wud u recommened out of them 2? many pple say the mike myeres 1 is the best, which is what i think. the proprofs is more of american style revision. on some topics there where information about post error codes, its completely different from the Mike myeres.

8. greenbrucelee

yeah I had a few port questions, but everyones is different you may get IRQ questions I had none, I had loads of laptop question you may have 3 or 4.

I found the 601 quite hard because there were loads of ambiogious questions where really it could have been any of the 4 options in my opinion.

The 602 was pretty straight forward as I aced that :) but I only just passed the essentials. I think I got a bit confused with some of the questions because of the way they were worded.

9. greenbrucelee

proprofs uses the older exams it says that on the site, the only practice exam on there that relates to the current exam objectives is the one done by Brother Bill.

Why do you say the Mike Meyers all in one is useless? Have you made the mistake of only reading parts of it? you are supposed to read the whole book.

10. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

no i didnt read the whole book and didnt need to, once i read the couple of pages of chapter 1-pc basics. its a waste of time. its completely different from any other material. the book is more like a social life of mike myres using his pc. but hey, for u it might be useful. im not saying its a rubbish book, it just isnt the way i expected it to be, but i wud say his other book(Comptia A+ Certification passport) is a good, easy to understand, and fast learning material.

11. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

yh that cud be true, the 2nd part of the essentials exam was WAY HARD, LIKE HELL. pass mark was 70%, i got 60 something percent. i didnt revise for the 2nd part either. now its just the actual exam left 2 do. by the way, hows the certificate?

12. greenbrucelee

err ok, you do know that the all in one is the most recommended book. If you only read the first couple of pages of pchapter one then I don't think its fair or right for you to rubbish it.

If you had read the whole book and thought it was bad (you would probably be the only one) then that would be fair enough.

The pass port certification book doesn't go all the way into all the A+ topics as thouroughly as the AIO guide, so just be careful you do not miss any objectives where you may get questions on in your exam.

13. greenbrucelee

what second part, I dont understand the exam is one thing 100 questions you do it as one exam not in parts :blink

14. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

not to point out the obvious dude but if you finished reading chapter 1 of the mike meyers all in one book you would know the answer because that chapter actually covers what the tests involve, and to make a decision on the books learning potential by reading half the chapter that explains the exams purpose and layout is nothing short of ridiculous, you didnt even bother to read any of the study material, thats like reviewing a book based on the acknowldgements.

WIP: A+
  15. greenbrucelee

exactly.

16. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

fer enough, u may say all in one exam guide is a great book. ive got no problem with that. many people use different materials, online video learning, books, studying at colleges, skools etc.., it doesnt matter which material anyone revises from as long as the information is correct and is needed to pass.

17. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

If you know so much why ask ???? :rolleyes:

You say that you read the first chapter of AIO and rubbished it..yet it clearly would have answered your question in chapter one.

The AIO book is clearly the best in my eyes, i have been in and out of IT jobs in the past and i am using it to brush up on exam questions. At first i thought yeah this book is just for noobs and similar thoughts .... boy was i wrong just reading it prepared me for the style in which the exam is written.

All i would say is that the AIO isn't for the lazy ... but hey if you not going to put in the work ... you might as well get a job flipping burgers (no disrespect to burger flippers out there).

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  18. Markyboyt

People do use different material and different material suits different people, my point is that your trashing the book that you didnt bother to read.

edit.
    Not to be awkward but its Mike Meyers lol, not Mike Myers or Mike Myres

19. Markyboyt

I think you hit the nail on the head as to why Alih786 didn't actually read the book.

I suppose he can look on the bright side, it will make a good foot stool for him to rest on :lol:

20. greenbrucelee

Anyway Ali, I thought you wanted to be a driving instructor/programmer for no less that 30k a year :D No need to study the A+ for those jobs.