Comptia A+ question!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Sofista, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Sofista

Sofista Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I want to do 220-601 + 220-602 and as far as I can see I only need to study from one book (Mike Myers all in one book).

Are the materials for all A+ exams the same?

Kind regards,

Robert

Certifications: A+, MCTS, MCITP, MCP,
    WIP: Network +, MCDST
  2. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

The Mike Meyers books is great because it contains the information needed for both exams- however the two exams focus on different topics. As far as I understand, the 601 is more focused on identifying and installing hardware, whereas the 602 (I hope- not taken it yet!) focuses more on troubleshooting, professionalism and customer service.

Read the topic here on recommend materials, also check out here and here for additional materials.
    The first link contains some excellent A+ videos and the second contains study guides and some practise exams.

Good luck!

3. SacchinJ

SacchinJ New Member

Hi

I've just Recently become A+ certified having passed the 220-602 exam. For both the exams, i used the Mike Meyers guides and acheived a score of 840/900 for both exams so his material certainly is effective. However, i used the two seperate books by Mike Meyers to study from (Mike Meyers guide Essentials exam 220-601 and IT Technician exam 220-602), Which obviously made a clear distinction between the material needed for each exam (if you look at the exam objectives from the CompTIA website, the objectives are slightly different). However, whichever book u go for, Mike Meyers knows exactly what you should learn for the exams as he is very closely connected with the CompTIA organisation.

Hope that helped

Sach

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Meyers AIO covers not only the 601 and 602 but the 603 and 604 as well.
    After a quick look through the domain objectives I would say what Evilwheato has identified there is more the difference between the 602 and the 604,603 (respectively) than the difference between the 601 and the 602.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Just remember to read the whole book and do not put it into sections as some people do.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Not sure whether this will help, but for the 602 exam, I've been going over hardware troubleshooting tips (for all components- it is normally at the end of each chapter) as well as rereading the networking, complete PC tech, printer/scanner and laptop chapters.

Saying that, I remember a large amount from the previous chapters and from recently taking the 601 exam.