CompTIA A+ Prometric or VUE ?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by unemployedstudent, Mar 13, 2006.

1. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

Hi CF,

I wrote to Skillstrain to find out how to get onto the A+ exams, they wrote back with a standard covering letter, not that helpful.

I there a difference between Prometric & VUE ?

Skillstrain have provided me with telephone registration and web sites for each, but is there a difference in costs (for instance)?

I'm looking for a test centre close to Bristol or is there an online version, where I can do it from home? :blink

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

There are references to both in the pinned resouces thread in the A+ part of the forums. Both companies have a test-centre search system. AFAIK the price is the same for both, but it has been suggested that one charges VAT and the other doesnt.

I don't know about this last point, as I have never been charged VAT by the only one I've used, which was Prometric.

Edit: You must do the exam in an invigilated environment, so must be in a centre, not at home.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

None that I'm really aware of.

Costs are the same, unless you use a discount voucher.

When you register on the web site you get a list of all the sites in the country, you need to find the one that is nearest to you! If you book via the telephone they may find the nearest one for you (I've never booked one over the phone though).

There is no online one that you can do at home, otherwise what would stop you from sitting there with all of you study guides open whilst you were sitting the test! 8)

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Wouldn't that make life easy, then every Tom, Dick and Harry would be certified, and then i dont think i'll be here chatting away... No!!!! :ohmy

5. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

Thanks guys,

I wondered about the 'online' comment in my letter from skillstrain. (I promise not to look at my reference :biggrin )

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA