CompTIA A+ Passed, what next?

Discussion in 'A+' started by xplizit, Nov 29, 2011.

1. xplizit

xplizit New Member

Hi there!

I passed my CompTIA A+ today,

701 - 839
    702 - 838

what certification would you guys recommend taking next? i was thinking the Network+ just after a bit of advice really :)

2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Congratz :).

It really depends on what you want to do, assuming support go desktop/server and look at MS certs or go network and then Network+ is logical enough.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. xplizit

xplizit New Member

Thank you :)

And i was looking into going into support really, was thinking of getting the network+ done still though as i have all resources to learn it just need to pay for the exam.

4. zicoos

zicoos New Member

Network+ is always useful to have. It is not CCNP or harder, it's just an entry Networking certificate, yet still worth doing. I am actually going for Network, Server and Linux, along with CCNA certificates. My most wanted goal is specializing in networking the most in the end, however, all of these certificates are worth having for general knowledge and getting that first good job to get you into the 'elite' IT world. It will take time, money, dedication and hard work but that's the only way to do it... I don't want to work at helpdesk or as a PC tech forever! (although there's nothing wrong with those jobs, just can be so draining and boring sometimes)

5. Les1977

Les1977 Bit Poster

Network + seem to the the way to go. At the very least it is good foundation and practice for future exams.

Congrats!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+ / LPIC-1
    WIP: 70-680
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on passing your A+.

I would also recommend doing the N+ next.

Regards

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Agreed. Network+ is the next cert to go for. I'm in the middle of it now (aiming to finish March) and it's helping me to get a understanding of the direction i want to go...hardware / networking.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...