Comptia A+ Job Titles/Roles Help...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by booboo83, May 15, 2009.

1. booboo83

booboo83 New Member

Hi everyone im new here and im after some advice.

I've been looking at getting on the I.T. ladder and after doing some research into training, qualifications, job titles and salaries, i've been left a bit overwhelmed.
    I'm thinking about doing the comptia A+ and then the N+, thankfully after reading many posts here i feel that would be a wise place to start, and then onto MCDST perhaps.
    Once qualified In A+ I'd like to get into work whilst training for N+, but what jobs Should i look for and at what salaries Once A+ qualified?

I'm not online all the time but i will reply.

Many Thanks.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome:)

Please introduce yourself in the new members area and tell us a bit about yourself.

As to your question, the A+ is a starting off cert so to speak so you should be looking at first types of jobs someone with the A+ would go for so that would include. Trainee IT Technician, entry level Technican, IT support (1st line) and field service technician.

Your plan is sound the normal way to do certs is A+,N+ then MCDST then once you have on the job experience and have progressed a little you can do further certs.

As for salaries you could be looking at very low (above minum wage) to 16k you could be lucky and get higher than that but without on the job experience it would be difficult.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. booboo83

booboo83 New Member

Thank you for your swift reply and your advice, i will pop over to the other forum and introduce myself now.

You mentioned 1st Line Support as a possible entry level job, during some overwhelming and tedious research i came across those positions, are 1st Line Support positions only based as over the phone support or do you get hands on experience?

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

1st line is usually on a help desk but some place may have you helping the 2nd line support, if you would rather do hands on stuff look for trainee IT Tech roles amd filed service tech roles.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's true :) There's also entry level in the workshop, then there's something related to workshop: PC repair in the local computer shop (with workshop, that's where you'd be based. Whereas in the local PC shop, you'll be in the workshop as well as in front advising and selling to customers, etc).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security