Community events near you

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by JK2447, Apr 16, 2023.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi all

as a VMware employee, I often attend VMware User Groups, VMUGs, which are run by an independent company and cover all things VMware related. Speakers at the events are often not VMware employees. They’re customers and users of the solutions talking about their experiences and what’s worked well. Completely free and often with food and drink/beers put on at the end. They are excellent networking events, and indeed I’ve made many friends at these things. I’ve also met people face to face who I speak with on Twitter and have recommended a few for jobs with us. I am currently the VMware liaison for the UK North West VMUG which means that I find speakers from within VMware at the behest of the leaders.

Do you attend anything like this or VMUGs? I’m not sure what other vendors do but I reckon there will be big things. These all feed into our annual event, what was VMworld now Explore.

If anyone would like any info on VMUGs don’t hesitate to ask. We also go to a UK VMUG where you can get great swag from the vendors. Everyone loves swag right?

thanks
    James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs