Commsupport

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cisco lab rat, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hi Forum

I am new to this forum and only joined when I happened to stumble across a complaint leveled at my company, so I thought I would try to set the record straight.

I am a firm believer that everyone has the right to comment, but also to allow others to defend themselves, always two sides to every story.

I welcome criticism it only makes us better, and we listen each and every suggestion, good or bad. By the way this is not a sales pitch.

Nice forum, and it seems to do a lot of good in assisting people make the right choices.

Many thanks and welcome your feed back

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

I replied to your other post whilst I belive you seem to be reputable its the mis-information of what certs people should be taking with their level of experience that bugs me and other on here.

I hope you don't get put off this place and return so you can provide input or seek advice yourself.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Personaly speaking - I enjoyed the posts you have made so far. I feel it is useful to point out that the real world isn't black and white ("You *must* do it this way") but composed of shades of grey.

As an example - I work for a fairly large ISP and network operator, and am well aware that some in the networks department, while being very good at their job, don't hold a CCNA. So companies *will* hire people without the magic piece of paper. :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I am quite pleased with my find, I will spend some time helping out where I can on this forum (I am not here to sell) my advice is impartial and I value ideas and feedback.

I have my students interests at heart, this might sound naff but I do care, most of my students will tell you that I am a B******d in the class and that I drive them like cattle and beast them every step of the way, as one student said I am the training equivalent of the drill sergeant in “Full metal jacket”, you may not like me, you may think I am harsh but make mistakes in the real world it will mean your job. We are not for the faint hearted.

You are right hbroomhall, the world is shades of grey, there is no one "quick fix" solution to breaking into I.T, we are just one little piece.

Cheers

Joe:D

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  5. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Heya and Welcome to CF!

Becki x

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF, Joe.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi Joe, from what you've written so far you seem a good egg to me! Look forward to your contributions at the place they call Cert Forums!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...