Comment on Resume

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by asanthadenz, Feb 25, 2008.

1. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Hello Guys,

If i could take a few minutes of your time, could you please review my resume and list down the Cons to it.

I have shown it to some of my friends and have been getting mix feelings about it, some even say that the resume looks childish, like a 15 year old designed it. Haha.

So let me know what you think...

Please, be as honest and opinionated as you can

Thank You

Edit: oopss wrong thread, ment to go into Jobs, mods please move, thank you

Attached Files:

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I didn't read it in detail, but it certainly doesn't look like a 15-year-old designed it! It's well organized, and it doesn't go on and on and on endlessly - I get a good overview of your skills and experience very quickly, which is what a CV is designed to do.

One note, however: a referee is a sports official; a reference is someone who can verify your character or abilities.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Looks ok to me

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

If you don't want it to look like a 5 year old did it don't use a cRaYon.... !! :biggrin

Just kidding, layout and presentation looks very nice and clean, maybe replace the graphic with computer graphics metafile (cgm), encapsulated postscipt (eps) or some other sort of structured vector graphic to remove the 'jaggies'...

otherwise good job !

5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I like it, just looks nice, makes you want to read it, which is perfect. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Thank You Guys..

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Overall it's fine.

You do have some inconsistant capitalisation going on..

For example..
    Analysis of failure rates in New Zealand desktop/notebook market
    New Zealand should be capitalised as it's a country name. However, there is no need to capitalise desktop or notebook. It just looks messy.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

For the most part it’s fine. I could do without the ‘keywords’ section but that’s more of a personal preference.