Clock cycle question

Discussion in 'A+' started by mikehende, May 4, 2006.

1. mikehende

mikehende Kilobyte Poster

Well fellas, I am 43 years old so it's not as easy to retain as when I was younger, I am studying this part-time and have been messing around with computers for only 6 years now, according to the book I will need 100 hours of study but becuase I do most of my studing by researching on the net I am praying that I can finish by the end of the year :oops:

2. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Well Mikehende, just wanted to say welcome to the forums! You'll have fun here and if nothing else learn quite a bit as well.
    Just looking at whats been said in the previous posts, a lot of stuff on the A+ doesnt go into a great deal of depth but if you're curious about what you've been reading you'll end up researching it anyway! If you haven't already I would highly recommend going to www.comptia.org and downloading the A+ objectives. That should give you more of an idea of what may come up in the exams so you can concentrate on learning the stuff you really need to.

Lord Deckard

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  3. mikehende

I had looked at the objectives before purchasing the Meyers book and did not pay attention to it anytime afterwards becuse it gives only an outline, I am enjoying the Meyers book but still would like to get a course which deals strictly with the exam, this way I can know exactly what to study for the exam and what would be deemed as extra research, I had created a new topic this morning just for things like this Lord Deckard so please let us continue this in that thread, thanks for the welcome and the info, appreciate! Here's the thread:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=83646#post83646

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Note that Meyers does put headings in the book to show which parts of a chapter are close to the A+ objectives, and which are background material.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. mikehende

Key word here Harry, "close", I would feel much more at ease if I can get a course covering "only" what's expected on the exam.

BTW, can we continue this in the other thread please? Thanks.

6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

The problem with that is that the A+ objectives are so broad, practically anything could come up. Meyers could probably write a second book the same size as the first one and I doubt even then abslutely everything that could come up would be covered.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270