Classroom Study

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kh4w4r, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Kh4w4r

Kh4w4r New Member

Hello all,

I am planning to study few certifications to get back into IT Support. I have Business and IT degree and have worked for few years in IT Support.

When I started we had Windows 3.1 and when I left it was Windows XP. I haven't worked on Vista or 7 and now 8 is out too.

In short I am of no use to anyone considering new changes and no recent experience. I need help from you professionals please guide me to an Institute from where I can study in a classroom based environment. Derby, Birmingham, Nottingham are easily commuteable to where I live.

I am after MTA, CompTia A+ to start off with and would like to complete MCITP or MCTS. Please do tell me if I am after the wrong ones or something else would be better. I am good at time management but I can't study on my own like online.

Thank you all I advance and hope to hear from you soon.

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

In my personal opinion, if you have the degrees and the experience that you say you do, then I would expect you to be able to get a job back in IT regardless. Most enterprises are still on XP and Win7 mixed, so you shouldn't be that out of date.

What sort of role are you looking for within IT?

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You do realise that the MCITP is designed for someone with 12 - 18 months commercial experience with the technology right?

Anyway back on track, you may be better off having a look at some self study as the first port of call, especially for the A+, if you do want to go down the route of a training provider then perhaps have a look at EZE Training they used to post here a couple of times when they first started out and I know that some people went on courses with them and provided decent feedback, I don't have any personel experience with them so can't offer any other feedback on them.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Kh4w4r

Kh4w4r New Member

Thanks Simon for the reply, yeah I do understand what you highlighted about MCITP. This is exactly why I am here seeking help. I have looked into CBT Comptia A+ videos and planning to buy the study material to start home study for 22-801 and 22-802.

Is this a right choice or shall I get some other providers study material. One more thing which will be the easiest papers to study on your own to get an MTA and MCP, by looking at what you have achieved all I mentioned and he rest along them are a piece of cake for you. Please guide towards to right path for a person who have no experience of online study and roughly how long it will take if I give few hours everyday.

I have tried speaking to agency people few of them adviced me to update myself in terms of certifications then they might be able to help me getting a job.

Thanks in advance any advice and guidance will be highly appreciated.