CIW1D0-510 Foundations/Certified Instructor

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by apanspappa, Jul 1, 2008.

1. apanspappa

apanspappa New Member

hi!

I wonder if anyone knows if the CIW foundations version 4 (1D0-410) is much different from the newer version 5 (1D0-510).

I am studying the version 4 in japanese at my school, but I found out that i can take the test in english instead..
    but that means that I have to take version 5... Is the test almost the same, but with a little changed questions, or do I need to study alot of new stuff?

by the way.. a friend told me that there is 2 tests called "1D0-510".. CIW Certified Instructor and CIW foundations.. is that true.

Would be great if someone could answer these questions quite fast. need to apply for the test soon, but not sure yet if I should take the japanese v.4 (quite bad japanese, but we have studied alot) or the english v.5 ..

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You should find most of the info you need at the CIW website here.

ID0-510 is the Foundations exam. You need that for any other CIW qualification, including becoming an instructor.

I see no evidence that V4 of the exam is still available, but the fact that you have been offered V4 may be because they haven't managed to translate the exam yet.

Edit: Oh - and by the way - welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What he said.

V4 foundation hasn't been available over here for quite some time.
    There are several differences between v4 and 5, and they are all described on the website Harry linked to.
    They mainly focus on newer technologies such as wireless etc.

There is only one 510 exam but one of the requirements for being an instructor is to pass it plus one other exam.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD