CIW while unemployed

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by twizzle, Feb 15, 2006.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

OK im not working at the moment, and want to try to break into IT. I have the comptia A+ and am studying for the Network + cert. But i also have a OCN in Web design (level 3 what ever that equates to??) and an interest in web design. Now i've heard of the CIW courses and was wondering if anyone knows how i can get to do one while unemployed with no income?
    I cant afford Skillstrain or any other training company courses and Learndirct dont do the CIW so any ideas?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Why not simply try learning the material through self study?

Get yourself some books on the CIW stuff, a web development package and just start working through it.

If money is an issue try the local library for the books, and something like NVU for a free design package. (don't know if the CIW stuff requires that you use Dreamweaver?)

8)

3. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Hi

Yes, The Site Designer course requires that you need Macromedia (Adobe now) Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.

FrontPage is also need to complete the exercises. I am sure that you can download a trial-period of Flash, Firework and Dreamweaver.

Hope this help. Also be sure that you are looking at Version 5 of Foundations and Site Designer.

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl