ciw website designer

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by anth, Oct 15, 2005.

1. anth

anth Bit Poster

hey all, im anth need some advice on the following please.ive just signed up with skillstrain for the ciw website designer course. i only signed up yesterday and at this stage i want to cancel the course allready. i feel i was mislead by the guy (salesman) who came out to supposedly interview me for the course and before i knew it i rushed in to sign up for the course and had been accepted for a career development loan. i would like a career in It but at this stage i dont know what career path i would like to take, something to do with the internet but that is all i know at the minute, i really need some advice on the different job roles available and decent certification i will need. does anyone know how long i have if i want to cancel the course and cancel the career development loan? does anyone have any contact numbers for skillstrain i could ring for advice on cancelling the course? any help welcome please.

Moved to T&D forum (J)

WIP: A+
  2. jackbauer

jackbauer Bit Poster

Here you go buddy this should help you with your CIW exams etc..

GET ME CIW EXAM NOTES NOW!!!

just click here and your on your way to CIW HELP HEAVEN :angel

CHEERS MATEY

Certifications: NVQ3 for IT Professionals.
    WIP: ITP, N+, Security +, CCNA, MCP
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You normally get anything between a 'few' days and a couple of weeks. There should be some instructions on how to cancel amongst the stuff they gave you, somewhere in the small print on the contract.
    If you have any doubt, cancel quickly. In writing - recorded delivery.

You can always think about it and sign up again later without a salesman twisting your arm. They're not going to turn your money down at any time.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. alsheppard

alsheppard Bit Poster

Hi Mate,

I have had similar experience with skillstrain ..... computeach... and every other sales man who is supposed to be interviewing me for a course. All giving me different advise, and all tried to sign me up to different courses. Skillstrain quiescently tried selling me the ciw too. They give you 7 days to cancel if i remember correctly.

If you have any doubts cancel straightway . There are loads of ways to study, and this discussion should only be made once you are sure about what you want to study.

Hope this help

Adam

5. anth

anth Bit Poster

thanks for the replies everyone, im gonna ring skillstrain on monday to get details on how to cancel the course, and cancel the career development loan. ive decided to try A+ im gonna self study with the mike meyers book, so wish me luck lol.

6. knightofnuada

knightofnuada Nibble Poster

To cancel, you should have a green "Enrolment" form with your enrolment number on it.

Just send a letter (And to play them at their own game, send it recorded delivery) with your number on it stating you wish to cancel ... I'd suggest you do this first thing Monday as on the back it says the course cannot be cancelled FIVE days after signing the agreement!!!

Oh, it says you have to return the course materials the Sales Rep left you.

WIP: A+, Network +, CCNA
  7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I'm not sure about the varying times given by some of this companies to cancel. The Cancellation of Contracts Concluded Away From Business Premises Regulations 1987 states a minimum seven day cooling off period, anything less is unenforcable, anything more a bonus.

Basically anth, I'd say the same as everyone else, recorded letter asap. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself as well.

good luck.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. anth

anth Bit Poster

thanks for the advice. ive looked through the paperwork i was given and the only thing with my college number on is a guarantee about taking the examination for free if you fail. i dont have a green document, i bet thats the one with all the terms and conditions about the course.

9. knightofnuada

Did the sales rep give you anything to sign?

I had an enrolment form and a pink credit agreement form to sign. Either way, use that number on the "Guarantee" when you type the letter.

If you haven't been left with copies then mention this in the letter as well as phoning them up to inform them.

Just what did the Sales Rep leave with you as a matter of interest?

10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Anth,

Hi, sorry to hear you want to cancel, but there are lots of other ways to learn including this great place.

All the best, think your avatars funny!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. anth

anth Bit Poster

yeh i signed a few things but the only thing i have a copy of is the career development loan agreement.

i got all the things mentioned on the checklist which they give you, including the first part of the course, the discs, plan of the course, study guide and a few things from manpower also the guarantee.

the thing is i cant really read my college number because it has been written on the guarantee. i dont know if it starts "aw" or "cw".

12. knightofnuada

Strange that, you should have had a copy of everything you sign. Something you should highlight to Skillstrain.

Secondly, the two letters should be CW.

Besides, their head office should have a copy of your address on file if you've been enrolled anyhow.

13. anth

anth Bit Poster

ive sent a cancellation letter this morning recorded delivery, they said that a cancellation letter should be sent by recorded delivery within 21 days of signing up.

14. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Oh, hopefully you should be OK then. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  15. anth

anth Bit Poster

yeh i hope so lol. how was the A+ boyce? im just waiting for my mike meyers A+ to come in the post.